Serving a delicious sustainable brew, Deano of The Good Brew Company will be supplying the drinks at the Arts in Action launch on the 12th May at Donkey Wheel House. Come along and toast the opening of Arts in Action with a good brew! Not only is his brew good, Deano is also a man with a mission, which is why I decided to hire him for the launch. The Good Brew Company is also a HUB tenant at the Donkey Wheel House. Don’t miss Deano’s wonderful little doco, posted at the bottom of this page.
Beer brewed with a minimun carbon footprint
The beer is brewed locally by breweries with solar preheat or other innovative environmental measures in place. It is delivered by bicycle and served from reusable kegs into reusable glasses/bamboo which can be washed, rinsed and chilled at venue. ZERO WASTE created.
What is a good brew? by Deano http://www.goodbrew.com.au/
A good brew is a sustainable brew.
A sustainable brew is brewed with traditional methods.
– Slow fermentation
– No chemicals
A sustainable brew also considers the environment in all phases of its production
– Has a the smallest possible carbon footprint
(in grain sourcing, grain & beer distribution and all aspects of the brewing process)
– Uses rainwater as much as possible
– Tastes fantastic and makes you feel good
Most microbrewers already endeavour to minimalise there ecological impact. These brewers must do all of the following for Sustainable Brews to market their product for them:
– Be local (within 50km) to Brunswick (home of Sustainable Brews)
– Use solar technology to preheat all water required for the brewing process.
– Use green power to power the rest of the brewery.
– Encourage workers to ride to work (xmas bonuses)
– Catch rain water (if uncontaminated by possum poo) from the roof to use for rinsing, washing & bathroom facilities…brewing if possible.
– Use only natural ingredients, no GMO’s and no preservatives
– Use only recycled paper based boxes and stationary
Check out Deano’s doco created by the Documentary Shop It’s sure to make you smile 🙂